Monday, January 7, 2013

Drop Business with Bank of America

WiscoDave sent me this story today, just now getting through all the Monday silliness to say something serious. We had switched all of our accounts from BoA to a local bank about 10 years ago, and then during the Countrywide crisis, low and behold, our mortgage is back with BoA. We're working on refinancing. But this is the best reason, besides their crooked business practices and links to Obama, to drop these asswipes.



"Bank of America allegedly froze the account of gun manufacturer American Spirit Arms, saying the company “should not be selling guns on the Internet,” the company’s owner, Joe Sirochman, alleges.
“My name is Joe Sirochman owner of American Spirit Arms…our Web site orders have jumped 500% causing our Web site e-commerce processing larger deposits to Bank of America. So they decided to hold the deposits for further review,” Sirochman wrote on American Spirit Arms’ official Facebook page on Dec. 29, 2012.
“…as you could imagine this made me furious…After countless hours on the phone with Bank of America I finally got a Manager in the right department that told me the reason that the deposits were on hold for further review,” the post read. “Her exact words were…”We Believe you should not be selling guns and parts on the internet.”

The Blaze

4 comments:

David Forward said...

Wish I were rich enough to cause them some heart burn by closing out an account with them...

hiswiserangel said...

Trinity, the ocean is filled with tiny drops of water. One person may not seem like much, but millions of individuals make a difference. But it has to start somewhere.

Plastic Business cards said...

I think it will helps many to recover there selves...

Paladin said...

Our "bank" used to be a Credit Union. I liked that alot, but they were bought out by a proper bank. We're still with them - since its a smaller local bank and I've not had any trouble thus far. I'd pull my money in a minute if I had any trouble, though.

Stories like this make me want to open an acct. with BoA just so that I could turn around and close it.