Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Going Solo

 
I realized today how true these words are, not just for lovers,
but also for friends. I rely on others too much, I expect too much.
And when I find out that a person isn't willing to be there when I'm in pain,
I lose a little more faith. A little more trust. And a lot of the openness.
I know I'm a hot mess, and I hate it. I'm a work in progress.
But I'm coming to realize I'm better off doing the work alone.
When I'm stronger, I won't rely on others to hold me up;
I'll be able to do it myself. And choose who shares me at my best.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't put the keys to your happiness in someone else's pocket. Live your life for you. If you're comfortable with the way you are, damn everyone else. It took me a while to realize these truths, but when I finally did I discovered I've never been happier. So what if I'm a loud obnoxious drunken asshole? That's me. That's who I am. If you don't like that, stay away from me. Be true to you.