Thursday, February 21, 2013

What a day!

Okay folks, woke up this morning to more effin snow. I don't mind snow, but I had places to go and people to see, so not exactly a good thing. Girls to school, home to get ready for a meeting with Drama Queen's lawyer. Why does my 17-year-old have a lawyer? Well.....

We are filing for conservatorship of TQ. In the State of Texas (and most other states), a person is considered an adult at 18, regardless of their mental and emotional capacity to care for themselves. If you wish to continue being their legal guardian, you must file with the courts for conservatorship. Think Brittney Spears. And that means the parents must have a lawyer, the TQ must have separate representation, and also a guardian ad litum. In all, about $3000 will be spent to retain my rights to care for my handicapped child. I can't wait for the ad litum's afternoon alone with TQ to ascertain her "mental, physical and emotional ability to thrive alone". Heh. Ha-ha. Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha-ha! ~snort~ Sorry, I'm good now. So, sitting there looking gorgeous in a black and white sweater, black leggings and black bitch boots, I listen to this goober question my intentions, that I'm seeking to spend $3000 to gain access to TQ's $674 monthly SSI payment. My eye started twitching 15 minutes into the meeting; and by the time I left, I'm sure they were putting me on yet another list. But I think we're all on the same page now.

As I waited to pull out of the parking lot, a Pakistani doctor in a Mercedes SUV with dealer tags rear-ended the momvan. Destroyed his front bumper and grill, scratched the oh-so-valuable paint job on my 18-year-old GMC. No major damage, but I'm feeling a bit whip-lashish. Naw, he didn't hit me that hard and I abhor people like that, no more lawyers please. We talked to the cops, exchanged insurance info, I noted the good doctor's name and specialty (really, avoid doctors you meet in lawyer's parking lots), and I came home hoping to rest.

So, opened the door and walked into an inch of water in the laundry room. Yeah, you guessed it, hot water heater. Got the plumber on the phone and he's in there working on it now. It's actually good to have a little money saved up. Normally I would have to do this myself; I changed out a hot water heater alone about 10 years ago. Not un-doable, but not fun. I am relaxing with an Irish coffee, bitch boots propped on the ottoman, the smell of chocolate cupcakes wafting in the air from the oven. You know the state of my mind and soul when I don't change out of diva clothes before the flour starts flying.  I think I'm going to make a chocolate-mint ganache to top them. I'm feeling saucy.

thank you wirecutter for
acknowledging my superior momness.
 
 

7 comments:

Chris Mallory said...

You may not feel whip lashy today, but in the morning might be another story. You feel any pain tomorrow, go to the doctor. Next morning is always worse and you don't know how long any damage might last.

Jason said...

Just remember, in the end we all get what is rightfully ours.

wirecutter said...

Might want to check your walls in case any of the water soaked up into them. Woody sweetie had her washer overflow and the walls sucked up gallons of water which was held by the insulation which caused mold which caused their insurance company to have to buy them new sheetrock, paint and cabinets.
Just saying......
Seriously, mold in the walls is not a good thing.
And listen to Chris - if you or your daughter have any soreness of trouble swallowing in the next week or so, see a doctor - not the one that hit you, though.

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks guys, yeah insurance adjuster is coming tomorrow to check everything. Just wanted hot water NOW. ;-) When the last one went out, I replaced the sheetrock with cement board and tile halfway up. Hopefully more waterproof.

And I'll probably feel it tomorrow. Thankfully I was alone today.

Brock Townsend said...

Sorry, sweetie. What a day.

hiswiserangel said...

Thanks, Brock. Too many of those, and they'll be ducking when they see me coming.

Skip said...

Shit, I thought I had a bad day.
Got nothin' on yours.
Like others have said, could be a good week before the soreness shows up.